Have you ever wondered how a taxi was ordered before the taxi app existed? There were two options: Book a taxi by telephone or take a taxi on the street. But today mobile applications are revolutionizing the taxi industry with innovative technology that offers alternative solutions for both drivers and customers.
If you are planning to build an app like Uber, a fundamental aspect of the Uber application is its pricing strategy. Taxi companies generally increase travel rates when there is more demand than supply. Instead, Uber charges the customer a fee based on traffic density and the time it takes to get from point A to point B.
Following are some of the functionalities of Uber you should know:
• Ease of registration: The option to be able to register through Facebook, Google Plus or the classic way with a phone number and a password. Offering the option to access through a social network allows the application to transform personal information into the application in a matter of seconds. Additionally, it is important to differentiate the users of the drivers when they enter the app.
• Personal profile: Users and drivers can add, edit or delete their personal information at any time through the app.
• Mail models: Notifications via email are very useful to send payment information, trip details, payment confirmation, digital wallet information or to reset the password in case of forgetting.
• Car search function: To be able to assign a taxi as quickly as possible to the customer, Uber integrated a search option for cars that are at the minimum distance in kilometers. This allows the customer to filter only the taxis closest to their location.
• Availability of cars: If the status of a car is active, users can request a ride. Once the car is reserved, its status automatically changes to inactive so the driver does not need to change it manually. For the user, when the path request is accepted, he can no longer change the destination address.
• Rate estimation: Since the business model depends on the trips paid, it is important to include a rate estimation mechanism. In this way, the application can calculate the tariff appropriately based on the standard prices for a particular distance.
• Multiple means of payment: Users have the possibility to pay by credit or debit card through the application. Another option is to transfer money to the Wallet application.
• Ease of location: Integrating Google Maps helps calculate the distance and route between a point A and a point B. It also allows the driver to locate the client and the latter, once the trip accepted, see the location of the driver.
The ease of use and which represents an alternative to traditional taxi services are the most important reasons for the popularity of the taxi app. They have revolutionized an industry that was static for a long time.
In many countries, the taxi industry has been subject to tariffs in the manner imposed by the local government. However, taxi applications create a free market in terms of tariffs and allow customers to customize their journey.